Lee County Parks Reopening May 22
Posted by Kasey Albright on Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 8:27 PM By Kasey Albright / May 20, 2020 Comment
Re-Opening Friday, May 22, 2020
- Pools for lap swimming/physical exercise purposes only
- Multi-purpose fields (soccer/lacrosse/football)
- Fishing Piers
- Splash Pads
Things to Know:
- Staff will be onsite to encourage social distancing and to assist in frequent cleaning of park amenitites.
- Recreation and community centers remain closed at this time.
- Pools are open for lap swimming and physical exercise purposes only. Staff will limit occupancy to 25 patrons in the pool at the top of every hour for 45 minute periods.
- Indoor showers and changing rooms are not available at this time.
- Water aerobics classes are not open at this time.
- Pool hours will be Tuesday-Saturday from 9am-4pm.
- Youth swim teams will be permitted to practice under the USA swimming's guidelines.
Multipurpose Fields (Soccer/Lacrosse/Football):
- Field use is restricted to groups of 10 or fewer to practice.
- There is no league play or use of benches and bleachers allowed on the fields.
- Contact the supervisor listed for any given park at www.leeparks.org to schedule time to practice on a field or call the main parks line (239) 533-7275 for assistance.
- Summer Camp plans are continuing to be finalized.
- Camp will begin on June 15th for those who are already registered. At this time no new registrations are accepted.