New Restaurants Coming to Sanibel Island
There have been lots of rumors going around the islands about restaurants opening, closing and moving so we wanted to come and set the record straight.
- Matzaluna will be closing its doors in Mid-November after serving italian cuisine for 27-years on Sanibel Island. Owner Matt Asen will continue co-owning the building and property with three business partners while leasing it for the new restaurant concept Tutti Pazzi.
- Tutti Pazzi Italian Kitchen will be opening January 2022 in the previous Matzaluna restaurant space. The ownership team of Jeramie Campana, Debra Campana, Pasquale Russo, and Leanna Russo will be bringing fresh authentic Italian cuisine in a family friendly atmosphere with a few surprises in store. "When you enter Tutti Pazzi Italian Kitchen you will enter as a customer, become our friend, and leave feeling like family. That is what we strive to achieve. In Italy, the dinner table is where magic happens. Friends and family gather to fill their bodies with good food and wine and their souls with laughter, happiness, and love."
- Bamboo will be opening in the former IL Tesoro restaurant location on Tarpon Bay Road by partners Jeramie Campana, Debra Campana, Cleta Yamauchi and Don Yamauchi (who are all partners in 400 Rabbits). Bamboo will be bringing Pan-Asian cuisine to the islands. They are shooting for a December 6th opening date.
- Paper Fig Kitchen owners (Jeramie & Debra Campana) just opened The Fig East End at the former East End Deli location on October 29th. They serve gourmet salads, sandwitches, and take-out food to enjoy while you are on the islands.
- Pinocchio's Italian Ice Cream, an East End staple on Sanibel which closed in 2018, just reopened in a new location in Periwinkle Place Shops on November 1st.