Sanibel May 2 City Council Meeting
At the 6/2 Council Meeting, The City of Sanibel Council unanimously voted to:
- Adopt Lee County Amended Vacation Rental Standards with additional restrictions on high-risk guests.
- Remove Occupancy Restrictions on Hotels, Motels & Timeshares
- Lift all COVID-19 related restrictions at all City owned & operated parking lots
- Temporarily permit the outdoor display of retail merchandise through Labor Day
- Temporarily prohibit possession & consumption of alcoholic beverages from 7am to 5pm at all City operated beaches and associated parks and picnic areas with paid public parking (i.e., Bowman’s Beach, Blind Pass, Gulfside City Park (Algiers), Lighthouse Beach and Fishing Pier, and Trost Parking Lot), as well as the beach area at the northern terminus of Bailey Beach Road, and the picnic areas at the Sanibel Boat Ramp, through Labor Day
- Approve the Phase 1 Plan for re-opening the City of Sanibel Recreation Center, including the sale of beach parking permits, effective June 15th
- Lift the temporary restrictions on issuing Special Event permits for Weddings.